Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Not taking any chances..for fear of making a "MISTAKE"?

Have you found yourself not taking action on something that calls to you...for fear of making a mistake??? Maybe it's a class you've wanted to take, a career change, a relocation, having a child, not having a child...could be a million different options here.

Keith and I have been contemplating a huge decision for a long time. One of the resounding fears that would come up was "what if we make a mistake?'.

And then it hit me one day....so what! What does that mean to me if I make a mistake? What am I showing to the world if I think I cannot do anything unless I don't make mistakes. And..who the heck doesn't ever make mistakes?? I am not even sure I even believe in mistakes at this point because of all the juicy lessons that are created that only propel us more into our growth and evolution. One thing I know for sure.....I would feel like I had made a mistake if I never tried.

Sometimes getting clear about what is scarier, the thought of it not working out quite right, or not like expected, or the thought of living your life full of regret for not going for it and give life your best shot. Acknowledging that fear will be there......with any next big adventure (until it's perceived as excitement..instead) we can just learn to expect it's presence and see it for what it is...an opportunity to let it stop us, or enliven us.

What is your next adventure???

No comments:

Post a Comment