Thursday, January 29, 2015

Life after People Pleasing...Keeps getting better!




 I write about People Pleasing because it is something I have experience with. I feel that if I can somehow share what I've gone through and it helps someone else, then I want to do that.

The moment I realized I had an opportunity to do something different, I was making a decision based on how I truly felt, in the presence of upsetting some people close to me. All I knew is what I wanted to do and what I felt very strongly about. What I did not know is how upsetting it would be to some people around me. I didn't expect that and I didn't understand it but in the midst of the conflict I knew I just had to keep going forward. I am thankful I had someone in my life who could see the situation from the outside and was able to shine the light in my new direction. The results were what every people pleaser dreads, I disappointed people. Not even strangers...but people I cared about. This person shining the light for me said.."Get ready to go on a disappointment rampage!". At the time I wasn't sure what she meant. I was, however, experiencing some newfound strength and energy in me! I felt like I could conquer the world for a few days. I had done it! I had finally listened to myself again and taken action based on honoring me.....and from that came this surge of energy I never knew was in me! I even felt taller! I was a few people lighter in my life, but somehow that was just ok.

In this blog we share about being healthy, being fit, loving life and how to live your best life. We love to share our experiences and how much fun we have together. This has been a journey for us too. We have climbed mountains together. We have climbed our own separate mountains and as we keep going there will be more. What we love is to share our experience and hopefully touch some of your lives in an inspiring and positive way.

Eating well and exercising and thinking well are all part of this process. There are other factors that go with these things. This is where self reflection and personal evaluation come in. I became aware of this behavior pattern in myself and realized no matter how well I ate, how much I exercised, I would still be a mess if I didn't make these behavioral changes. These changes have not been easy. Nothing we do that is worth it, is easy. This pattern in me was years and years old. I have since had so many changes in my relationships that were unexpected. I have experienced some of the "disappointment rampage" that my person was letting me know about. This has at times made me question myself...but I have stayed true to me. I have surprised myself. It feels like a time in my life where I get to rediscover and recreate from a clear slate. Radical Responsibility.

I have new people in my life now. But most importantly, I have me. My body gives me pretty strong signals so it is clear to me that a major part of my health and wellness is to pay attention to that. If I go against it, it feels really really bad. If I follow it's signals, it may not always be easy, but it is liberating and life giving.

It was challenging to begin making these changes, but it was way more do-able than I ever thought it would be. We all have habits, patterns, belief systems, or nuances that are uniquely ours. Things we have developed in order to make sense of life and how to maneuver through it. We are amazing like that. We are also so amazing that we can, once we find something out about ourself  that is no longer of service to us, we can change it. We can create new ways of being that are liberating to our soul and living from that place we are able to shine our light in this world and do what we came here to do! Whatever that is.: )



No comments:

Post a Comment